Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day "To-Do" List

I learned from a wise person that when you don't know what to blog about, you should blog about your to-do list that day.  I am truly taking this little gem of advice to heart...

-Wake up at 9:15am.  Actually, wake up several times before 9:15am and think, "I should really get up right now..." but then go back to sleep because that's what snow days are really all about.

-Look out the window at the snow and think that it doesn't look so bad out there, until you have to go out with two puppies who get buried in the snow and who both run back to the door before completing their "business" because the wind blew snow in their faces and they realized it was crazy to be outside in a snow storm.

-Watch TV and especially catch up on Days of Our Lives.  Is Sammy out of the witness protection program?  Did Nicole pull the 'ole switch-a-roo with the baby she bought and the baby that Sammy gave birth to whilst in the witness protection program?  So many questions that weren't answered.

-Organize my recipe cupboard.  It's not a cupboard ONLY reserved for recipes, but this cupboard does house my cookbooks, my measuring cups and spoons, my icing thing-a-ma-gig, straws, birthday candles, and numerous recipes on random pieces of paper just thrown up there with the door shut really fast so that whenever I open the cupboard, little recipe cards fall out.  So, I wrote them all out nice and put them in my AWESOME recipe three-ring binder thing that mom Beebe bought for my birthday a few years back.  It's the greatest little thing ever.  And no more messy recipe cupboard.

-Leave Scott alone while he works from home but is in his "office," which consists of the dining room table turned in the opposite direction and pushed up against the wall.  On our last snow day "together" it was made clear that although Scott is home, he is still at WORK and thus cannot be called upon to do home-related activities.  Before I ask him to do something, I must first ask myself, "if Scott were at work right now, would he be doing whatever it is I'm about to ask him to do...."  like take the dogs out, do the laundry, etc...  The answer to this question is usually "no".  This rule held true, however, until I made pancakes this morning and was asked if I was making them for him.  If he were at work, would he be having someone make him pancakes?  The answer is technically "no", but apparently today the answer was "yes".  Interesting...

-Eat approximately everything in the house to eat.  Snow days can get a little monotonous, and when things get boring, I get eating.

-Watch the bachelor finale.  It's fine.  I hardly have ever watched the previous bachelors/bachelorettes, but I caught on this one from day one and have been thoroughly intrigued since.  

-Cut Scott's hair during the commercials of the bachelor.  It's a great haircut, people.

-Get upset with the bachelor "post-game" show when Jason ditches Melissa and decides to go with Molly instead.  I don't know what to say...

-Blog about my snow day whilst laying in bed because number one on the "to-do" list was to sleep in and now I'm not tired enough to fall asleep.  

No comments: