Saturday, March 21, 2009

An Emotional Week....

Sadness -- When I went to the grocery store because m&m's were on sale, and every type of m&m was on sale except for peanut butter m&m's (which are my favorite).  What is that all about?

Joyfulness -- Still at the grocery store, I decided to walk down the Easter aisle to cheer me up after the m&m fiasco, and I run across peanut butter speckled egg m&m's that ARE on sale for cheaper than the other m&m sale...Yay!!!

Pride -- I tackled a new machine at the gym, the one that I may, or may not, call the "birthing" machine...you know what I'm talking about!  It's great!

Confusion -- When I leave the same weight on the birthing machine for both my inner and outer thigh, my inner thigh lifts the weight with ease, and my outer thigh struggles.  How is my inner thigh stronger than my outer thigh?  The outer thigh is the bigger muscle...(actually, I just made that up, I don't know if it's bigger or not)...but still...

Shock -- I bought a new bathing suit (one that my niece may refer to as being "immodest").  After trying it on, I was SHOCKED that my butt is no longer a M, but a L.  Thus my return to the gym and thus my discovery of the birthing machine.  

Boredom -- Now, I love basketball just as much (maybe more) than the next girl, but we're on day 3 of non-stop ballin' and I'm getting a little tired of only being able to watch my re-runs of BRAVO and MTV reality shows on time-outs.

Overwhelmed -- When I look at the mess that is our condo...I have such good intentions to clean today, but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen...it's TOO overwhelming (good excuse, huh?)

Relief -- I went to make a roast for dinner last night, but when I took the meat out of the fridge, it had turned brown.  I promptly called my mom who said that "the air just got to it" and that it was still good.  Her response dissappointed me and so I told her to tell me that the meat was actually bad and that I couldn't cook it....so she did....and so I didn't have to make dinner last night.......ya!

yum...pb m&m's!!

 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Dear Barb,
Thank you for your comment about buying the bathing suit. I think that they must have put on the wrong size on that label. I think you are an "M" and not an "L"
I would love to be in your shape size. You are super no matter what your butt says.
Love Donna

Lindsey said...

I'm having a difficult time believing you are an L. I think they mistagged those bathing suits. When am I gonna see you again?!?!?!