Sunday, March 22, 2009

Still Ballin'

Scott and I just got home from our THS Girls Basketball Banquet.  Our season ended three weeks ago, but this banquet was scheduled just in case we made it further than the first round of states, so it seems a little late, but it's really not.  Anyway, it was a good night.  All the coaches had to give a little talk, and even though it wasn't a competition, it secretly was with me (as is almost everything) and Scott declared me the winner of the coaches portion of the program.  Thanks, Scott!  There were tears, there was laughter, there were hugs, gifts and a 20 minute picture slide show montage.  Tears, gifts, montage, OH MY!  All in all, it was a four hour banquet and now I am wiped!  Here's a synopsis of my day:
-Church at 9am which meant wake up at 7:15am.  
-Lunch
-Took Wrigley to the farm to play, found out we were getting a new sheep on the farm...
-Got a new sheep
-Named sheep "Oliver"
-Petted sheep
-Played with the kids outside in the cold and breezy day until I felt like I couldn't hold my body up in the wind anymore (part of playing entailed digging leaves out of a ditch with sticks...how do kids think that's fun?)
-Chased puppies who kept running away
-Went home
-Got ready for the banquet
-Went to banquet and secretly won
-Came home to a sick puppy!!!  I think she ate something bad at the farm...could've been deer poop, could've been too many sticks, I don't know...
-Watched the apprentice
-Blogged
-(Future) Asked Scott if Wrigley could sleep in our bed because she's sick
-(Future) Scott said "no"
-(Future) Went to bed

Goodnight!

No comments: