Friday, February 27, 2009

I Heart Fridays

The anticipation of sleeping in tomorrow is the most wonderful anticipation that I have ever known.  It has been a whirlwind of a week.  We lost our league championship after being out-scored in the third quarter 21 to 4.  (18 points of which were the direct result of our turnovers...unbelievable!), and, I'm not going to lie, I got a little choked up.

 For all of my school teacher friends, has your school been crazy these past two weeks?  On top of doing course registration, which entails meeting one-on-one with every single one of my students, (as well as meeting one-on-one with two other counselor's students because one is on medical leave and one left for another job) there have been fights, incidents of stolen cell phones and questionable pictures on said cell phone being texted to everyone in their address book, kids crying in my office for various reason (bullying, dog dying, pregnancy, etc...), things have been nuts and all I can say is thanks GOODNESS that I am no longer in high school.  Was this stuff going on when I was in school and I just didn't know about it due to my naivite (how do you spell that?) 

We are also puppy sitting for the next two weeks while my mom, dad, sister (and her husband) and my brother and his fam from NH are going to Florida.  Who is left out of all of that Disney World fun-ness?  Me.  It's the price I pay for working in a crazy place.  But Scott and I are going on a cruise in April...it's fine.

Anyway...you can probably tell from the dyscombobulation of my blog that I can't think straight right now.  It's Friday.  And I heart Friday.  Did I mention I'm sleeping in tomorrow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a numbers guy, so I'm going to put 2 and 2 together for everyone on this post (in this case it's really just 1 and 1, but "people" don't say that). Puppy-sitting an extra dog, plus Barb sleeping in equals morning fun for me. But Barb's making some pancakes so I guess that counts for something too.