Tuesday, February 10, 2009

FUN FRESHMAN COACH WORDS OF WISDOM

It's game night everyone!  I don't even know if I could type all the things I said tonight during our Varsity game!  The JV coach, (she's also like the "first assistant" as well as the head coach's daughter), had parent/teacher conferences (she's a math teacher...no, her name is NOT megg-o).  So, tonight, I had to step up and be the first, and only, assistant coach on the varsity bench.  No resting on my laurels here!  I did all sorts of "first assistant" duties:  I shook hands with the visiting team players when they got announced, I drew on the chalkboard at halftime, I chit-chatted on the bench with the players about Chris Brown and how he turned himself into police on Grammy night (oh, wait...that's more of a fun freshmen coach kind of thing to do rather than a first assistant kind of thing...shoot!).  Point being, I had to step up my coaching game tonight, so I need not write out my actual words.

By the way, we won by 50 points.  It's fine.  Coincidence that this major win occurs on the SAME night that I am the interim "first assistant"??  Talk amongst yourselves....

2 comments:

Christina Marie said...

Sounds to me like all the Chris Brown talk got them pumped up and ready for the game! well done.

Dad said...

Sounds to me like you should get into a new league and stop playing those cupcakes!