I need help!
Not mentally, not emotionally (although, at times...maybe!) but I need decorating help! In our dining room, we have a buffet. Above the buffet, we have NOTHING.
I'm not sure what to put above it. The room is somewhat small, and we already have a table, a china cabinet, the buffet and a built in corner cabinet. It was my grandmother's dining room set - it's almost too much furniture for the room. I've thought about removing the china closet, but there's no where to move it and I don't want to break up the set.


Anyway, I've thought about hanging a mirror above the buffet, but then I think that'd be one more "big" thing in the room - I'm not sure the room can handle one more "big" thing. So, then I thought about hanging these plates above the buffet in some kind of creative cluster:
They were my grandmother's plates - but she never used them, so it's not as if they hold sentimental value or anything - other than that they belonged to her. I'm all about not hanging art on the walls just to have art - I feel like it should MEAN something to me, to Scott, or to our family. These plates don't really, but they kind of match. I don't even really like them...
I've also thought about doing some kind of picture grouping, but I already did this in the living room above our couch of my farm/Lake George:
and I already have a bunch of pictures in the dining room in the built in corner cabinet. I'm against too many pictures...or too many clusters of pictures...
Ugh! So, help please!! Any and all ideas are welcome!
And because it's Random Wednesday, here's a random picture of Brooke and I in the snow:
She does not like the snow at all, but I was walking on the snowbank and fell in trying to get off the snow bank. She kind of like that part, so we took a picture to commemorate her only smile in about 30 minutes of being outside.
3 comments:
Bulls Jersey right above that buffet would like nice, right Scott? Or maybe you could make a big old shadow box of Gordon jerseys from the Goodwin/Beebe era?
I was going to say something else, but never mind, Scott's second suggestion is PERFECT.
While you may think that a mirror is another "big thing"- it is one of the best options. A mirror makes a room feel bigger- go with it.
Post a Comment