(on Thursday)
I was really really bored on Wednesday. So bored that nothing - no task, no craft, no chore, no blog - was exciting enough for me to tackle. So I had a lot of time to sit around and think about how bored I was. Have you ever been that bored before? It was the first time in my SAHM career that I felt so...(warning: vocab lesson alert)...monotonous and mundane. Blah. Needless to say I had a lot of time to think up random things. So here goes:
-We are so fortunate to have a fireplace - it's stone - and I always look at it and think about how they (whoever "they" are) were able to find stones to make the fireplace so symmetrical. The angles of the rocks are similar, the size and shape are similar. Isn't that crazy? It just makes me ponder...
(don't mind the nerf gun on the mantel...)
-Brooke is creeping around the house like crazy and walks around with her little walker thing. She loves opening and closing doors, and going places where she shouldn't. She has started crawling and pushing books at the same time in order to get a book over to us that she wants us to read. I'm pretty sure that she is saying "mama," but only when she wants me to hold her really really bad. She shakes her head when you ask her a question - I don't think she knows that it means "no", but it seems like she might. She's also learned how to crawl over Bella and how to feed the dogs her snacks. It's impressive.
(This is long, but oh so cute - to me anyway!)
-We have about 30 inches of snow, then a layer of ice, then another 7 inches on top of that. That's a lot of snow.
This picture of Wrigs was taken a while ago. She hates the snow - mostly because she can't walk around in it. To give you perspective - see the Christmas tree behind Wrigs that we just threw in our backyard instead of dragging it into the woods or something...see it?? It is currently buried in snow - the naked eye cannot see it anymore without x-ray snow goggles, which don't even exist!
-I made a play corner for Brooke because the toys were overtaking our living room.
It doesn't stay this nice at all during the day, but it's a start...
-I feel like every conversation I start with Scott begins with (or at least contains somewhere in the course of the conversation), "On The View, they were talking about..."
-Oh, and I'm pregnant again - holla! Another baby balla' coming in July. I'm at the point where whenever I sit down, I make an "uhhh" sound because I sit down too fast and it's too much for my slightly expanding belly to take. So...that puts me around 15 weeks.
Have a happy Thursday!
4 comments:
Very cute video! And I must say I love seeing the basketball hoop in the toy corner. Seems like yesterday Scott was playing on one just like that!
Hootie hoo! Congrats!
I just love how you talk about all these random, relatively not important things (are you mad that I downplayed the amount of snow like that?) and then at the end, starting with "Oh," as though it's just an after thought, you tell us YOU'RE PREGGO AGAIN! Awwww Barb you're so mature. And I am like a proud mom.
Also, you WOULD have a Nerf gun on your mantle. I think it's perfect and I hope that it's supposed to be there. We have to remind ourselves, despite the maturity of the plates and candles and china and big furniture, that we still really rock. Hence, the Nerf gun.
1. I LOVE your fireplace!! So jealous!
2. Brooke is adorable and getting so big!
3. I can't believe you're 15 weeks already! Eeeek! (Not sure how you kept it off your blog for that long! I'm impressed though!)
4. I totally love your comment about conversations with Scott starting with "On the View today...". I'm often saying the same exact thing (or you can substitute Ellen in there too...)
5. Miss you and love you!
Post a Comment