Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today, I am Glad That I...

Because I am inspired by my friend's awesome blogs, I have stolen this awesome blog idea.

Today, I am glad that I...

...Showered. I usually DO NOT shower on my days off, but I thought that it would be nice to take a leisurely shower and not have to rush out the door. So, I showered, shaved, loofa'd, deep conditioned, and did all those things that you wish you had time to do in the shower every morning but never do.

...Spent time with the Lord. It's been a little while, I'm not going to lie. Seeing Rachel Carter this weekend always kicks me in the butt to get going with the Lord -- she is the most Godly woman I know and is my inspiration. So, today, I jumpstarted my devotions and am going to continue having breakfast with God, instead of with Meredith and Matt, each morning.

...Read. I just finished My Sister's Keeper. I'm probably the last person on earth to read it, but I love when I'm reading a book and can't put it down. I read all afternoon. Love it.

...Held a puppy. As most of you may know, my mom's dog passed away a couple weeks ago. So, we are actively looking for a new puppy (I say "we" because if there is a puppy nearby, I am usually actively trying to purchase it...don't tell Scott). We went to the pet store, and looked at the "rescue puppies" who are from other pet stores, but were not bought. The other stores would normally put them down because they are too old to sell (like 3 months old). So our pet store in town takes them and sells them at a discounted price. I held approximately five puppies today, and I loved them all! No purchase, though. We're still "thinking."

...Ate Wendy's. My favorite fast food, and my mom was treating after our long day of cuddling with puppies. It's hardwork!

...Took time to remember our Veteran's. Like a lot of people my age, I have grandparents who served in WWII -- actually, both of my grandfathers did, one in Europe and the other in the Pacific. It's hard to have Veteran's day off and not just be psyched for a day off of school. So, I wanted to remember. I listened to the National Anthem (no lie) on iTunes and remembered my grandpas. Both have passed away, but I looked at their pictures and thought of the sacrifices they made. There's definitely a sense of pride associated with the fact that they fought in one of the greatest wars of the world and came back home to build amazing lives for our family -- I am truly thankful.

...Laid around. My back is slowly recovering. There is still a dull pain -- the shooting pains have stopped, unless I twist the wrong way or plop down on the couch because I forgot about it. Forgetting about it is a good sign, I'm pretty sure. I asked Anna...she agrees.

...Am currently watching 90210, the new class. It is secretly my new favorite show.

These are all the things I am glad I did (am doing) today. What a productive day...I know!

3 comments:

Susie said...

I was just wondering today how the great puppy project was going... not so much your mom's search, but your own covert operation of convincing and planting seeds, etc.

Sarah said...

my sister's keeper was good...I have some other great books when you want one...i too love reading a book that you just can't put down.

Rachel Ludwick said...

You are one of the most thought-full people I know. And thoughtful too! I love you!!!