Yesterday, I went to the chiropractor. I don't want to hear it, Anna already gave me the who what for speech for it. (I always mention Anna in my blogs because she never reads my blog...by the way, what's that about??) Anyway, the chiropractor...I think he might be magic. Let me tell you why...
The chiropractor had me stand in front of the mirror and showed me how crooked I was. And I really was, because I've noticed it since the back "incident", even my dad said so -- he used to be an engineer, so he knows stuff like that (I don't know what that means). Anyway, I was crooked. He then proceeded to "crack" my back. I did not so much enjoy that. But AFTER the cracking, I stood in front of the mirror again, and I was straight...I repeat...I was STRAIGHT! What? Who? How? I don't know, but it's true. He also told me that I have scholiosis (spelling?) and that one leg was longer than the other (classic chiropractor -- I don't believe that for a second...not so much magic there). He then gave me E-stim just like the trainers back at GC used to do, and then it was time to go. After the "doctor" left the room, I stood in front of the mirror again, and I was crooked again. The straighteness was definitely short-lived -- but again, what? who? how? I still don't know!!
Today, though, was the best my back has felt since "the incident". I didn't take any pain meds, muscle relaxers or Advil (I didn't think they were working anyway). I only experienced a dull ache at various points in the day. I made dinner for the first time in two weeks as well...if that doesn't say something, I don't know what does.
Was it the chiropractor or just a coincidence? All I know is that I was crooked,*crack*, straight. If nothing else, it's a GREAT magic trick.
3 comments:
Hey Barb,
Now that our back feels better, we should hit some craft fairs this weekend.
glad you're feeling better. do you have to keep going back?
ohhh Barb.
Barb, Barb, Barb.
i have always sworn against chiropractors for myself, but people like Katie swear by them. Just please don't let them break your neck or something, okay? You're drinking the kool-aide, B...but if it helps, i say, drink away. Just be careful because i think chiropractors are the devil. ;)
Post a Comment