So, no clothes fit me anymore. I'm pretty sure it's because the Beebe Baby Bump is getting a little bigger each week. All of my workpants no longer fit -- it's a good thing school is over. For the last couple weeks, I was using the 'ole elastic trick to make them fit. I probably could have buttoned my pants had I sucked it in, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to "suck it in" anymore. But I have ONE pair of pants that is standing the test of time (or the test of pregnancy) -- my black work pants. Now, these pants were awesome to begin with. They are a pair of Editor pants from the Express. There is no better pant in the world than the Editor pant. They are the only work pants that I purchase. They may be a little steep (at least in my book, maybe not in the grand scheme of pants) but they are worth it. If I ever think about buying a pair of pants from any other place, even if I try them on and they look alright, please talk me out of it, because I am never pleased with any other pant purchase other than my Editor pants. Let me tell you why they are great:
-They are fitted through the hips
-They have a slight bootcut
-They come in two different fabrics (both are all-seasonal)
-They make one's butt look good
-They are very stylish
-They come in "tall" which is actually long enough, for once
-They also come in a variety of colors and patterns (all professional, of course)
It is for all these reasons that I only wear Editor pants. Anyway, back to why my black Editor pants are magic pants. Did I not mention that they were magic yet? Well, they are. Ok, so I'm 16 weeks pregnant. Not crazy pregnant, but enough so that my principal came into my office the other day to talk to me about something "school related" and may have said, "Whoa, you're getting big fast!" to which I smiled (because she's my principal and there may be budget cuts) but to which I really wanted to pout and say "I am not!!!" So, again, back to the pants. These pants still fit me. What?!? I know! Every pair of pants I have DO NOT fit, (as I stated before) but these pants DO. They fit me great before being pregnant, and they continue to fit me now -- very comfortably, I might add -- with no end in sight. I'm beginning to think that these pants will fit me forever, no matter what size or shape I am in. Kind of like that movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" where the jeans fit all of the friends, even though they were different sizes and heights, ect... (I'll admit it, I liked the movie). Thus, I believe that my pants will fit me no matter how big I get, no matter how fast. However, to truly test this theory, I need to find my "sisterhood" and see if the pants fit the people in my sisterhood as well. I'm thinking I'm going to start with my sister (duh!). I think it's a no brainer that my sister would be a part of my "sisterhood" if indeed there is one. Thursday is "sister day", so perhaps we'll test this theory by having my sister try on the pants. Now my sister is about 3 or 4 inches shorter than me and we are not the same size in work pants. Not gonna' lie, I think they will fit. However, if they don't fit, I won't be sure if it's because my theory was wrong or because my sister is not part of the magic "sisterhood" (which would be very sad). Perhaps we'll never know how truly magical these pants are if I never find my sisterhood, but at least I will be able to experience the magicity (is that a word? I call starting it as a word if it's not...) of my black Editor pants. However, they will always be magic pants to me because they are seeing me through the tough transition from normal size to the bigness of pregnancy. Bring it on Baby Beebe Bump!
2 comments:
What if everyone has a magical "sisterhood" whose pants will fit but they just don't know who these people are yet. Maybe people never find their "sisterhood". That would be sad.
Barb, I am wearing my Editor Pants right now! I have the black ones. They are perfect. They are fitted, yet roomy. I don't think I can ever go back to another kind of work pant.
If you ever feel yourself being tempted to buy another kind of pant, just call me. I will set you straight!
Post a Comment