(p.s. That last sentence made me think of something...all you GCWB-ers, remember when we learned that making an "eeeee" sound makes you feel happy because in order to make that sound, you have to move your mouth into a smile? I remember....and it made ME smile:)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Heartbeat
We heard Baby Beebe's heartbeat today at the doctor's office. It sounded something like "shwoosh, shwoosh, shwoosh, shwoosh"...etc. For a more perfect representation of what it sounded like do this: Clench your teeth together and blow air out of your mouth whilst your teeth are still clenched. Then move your lips like your going to make an "eeeeee" sound, and then bring your lips in like you're going to make an "ooooo" sound. Move your lips from the "eeee" to the "oooo" position several times in somewhat of a fast-ish rhythm. Got it? OK...now practice it a few times in a row so you really get it and then you can tell your friends and family what Baby Beebe's heartbeat sounds like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So exciting to hear the heart beat!
Haha...Scott is definitely giving me a crazy look right now as I sit here reading your blog and trying to do everything you're describing with my mouth! haha! I'm so glad you heard the heartbeat! I forget - is this Facebook official yet?? If so, you should join the "Gordon Mommies" group! FUN!
excellent description barb, I was able to get a very real sound of the heartbeat, so exciting :)
Post a Comment