Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Highlights

My name is Pot and I have called the kettle black. Thank you Jill and Jaq for holding me accountable. I underestimated the amound of tiredness that I would be feeling after the Thanksgiving holiday and then getting back into the swing of life. Plus, I got my period, which I probably shouldn't blog about, but when that event occurs each month, I make it my excuse to not do anything -- not make dinner, not clean, not eat healthy, not blog...you get the gist. It's my little way of putting a positive spin on a negative monthly experience. As Meghan might say, it's the "walk of shame", but I'll let her expound on that in her own blog. But...since I haven't blogged in some time, I need to catch everyone up quickly...so here are the highlights of my last week and then some...

-We went to OH for Thanksgiving with Scott's entire family (12 in all now-a-days). It was wicked fun, late night crew was in full effect, and Scott and I won the Beebe Family Pie Bake-Off with an apple pie entitled "Grandma's Homemade Apple Spectactular". Let's just say that my grandma would be proud! Here's a little taste of what ya' missed...so delicious!

-Basketball practice is going great. I start practice on days we go early because the coach and his daughter work at the elementary schools and can't get to practice in time. One of the girls may or may not have said that I was "fun" (that's a direct quote) because I did drills with them that were different and that I mixed it up. That comment, again, may or may not have made my day:) The girls are awesome and I am having a great time with them.

-I got an X-ray of my back today because, yes, it still hurts. It is much better than it was, I can do all of the things that I would normally do, it's just sore and hurts for the majority of the day. I'm still going to the chiropractor, but he may be sending me to a PT. That's the sign of a good chiropractor -- that they'd send you to a PT.

-We decorated for Christmas over the weekend. We had my sister and her husband over to help, but somehow it ended up just being me decorating while my sister slept and Scott and Jason watched football...how'd that happen? We finally decided on the placement of the tree, (a fake one...I gave up on the real tree argument because I'm getting a puppy...I can't push it), but then I changed my mind and we had to move the entire tree, decorated and all, to the opposite side of the room. Plugging in the lights is a chore, Scott has to climb under the tree to the corner and plug it in (like I said, I have my period and I can't do anything), but it's worth it because it's beautiful! I love all of my ornaments, and they all have special meaning...it's the Christmas tree I always wanted. I think you can tell a lot about a person by their ornaments. Here's a gander at my favorites:



-Two and a half more weeks until we get our puppy!! You know how when people are pregnant, and on their facebook they have a baby bubble thing with a countdown on it? Do you think they have those for puppies? If not, then I'll start my own countdown right now...27 days to go!

Phew! What a whirlwind of a catch up! If there are any questions, please let me know. If you'd like anything expounded upon that I mentioned in this blog, feel free to comment. Have a great night y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Barb is so excited about telling everyone about her period (I will apologize on her behalf to my family) and the puppy that she can't even think straight. Puppy countdown should be at 18 days, not 27.

Christina Marie said...

I was gonna say... the math didn't add up quite right. Thanks for filling in math guy.

Also - I updated John on the period situation, so we're all caught up on Team Philly - Wayne chapter

Susie said...

I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that Scotty didn't make blogging about periods an official "rule" or that he mentioned periods in his comment...
Good post Barb! I'm glad you're back.