Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wrigley

Without further ado, and like I promised...here are some pictures of our new addition. Her name is Wrigley and she is seven weeks old. Scott chose her name on account of his Chicago Cubbies. She is a Schnoodle -- a combination of a Schnauzer and a poodle. We're not sure how big she's going to get, but we're pretty sure she'll be between 10 and 20 pounds. (If Scott asks, tell him you think she'll be more like 20).
It really feels like Scott and I just had a baby (don't get excited...we are not and will not be having a baby in the coming months...). But we have enough nieces and nephews to know that it is probably pretty similar. Maybe not to a baby, but maybe to having an 8 month old. We have to tell her not to chew on things (because she puts everything in her mouth just like a few of my nieces do), we have to turn her around and distract her when she tries to get into something she isn't supposed to (like chewing on the Christmas tree) and we're putting her outside every few hours to "do her business", kind of like changing diapers. Scott and I had to have a conversations about our expectations -- I'm assuming expecting parents do the same. We talked about how we were going to discipline and train Wrigley, what phrases we want her to learn (so we're both using the same ones) and before we go to bed, we talk about whose turn it is to get up with her in the middle of the night...it's very weird. We're definitely getting a glimpse of what it's gonna be like someday.
Like Rachel, on Friends, I miss her when she's sleeping...I actually miss her! I can't get enough of her. Actually, I don't miss her right now because she's on my lap trying to chew the computer and attacking my hands as I type. Here's a little recap of what you're all missing in CT...

Wrigley loved to help me wrap Christmas presents on my snow day -- or chew them, watever!

Wrigley got to experience her very first snowstorm! The snow is deeper than she is tall, so Scott had to shovel our "backyard" so she could go outside. She loves eating snow and the bushes, and she even romps in the deep snow because she's so brave!

Wrigley pretty much goes to Scott to play and to me to cuddle. She's a smart dog. She loves to chew on the strings of our hoodies and bite Scott's ears.


She definitely looks like a Schnauzer, but her hair is soft like a poodle, so I'm hoping that that bodes well as to her shedding qualities...

Wrigley literally crawled under the tree all by herself -- I couldn't have staged it more perfectly. Although, she pretty much laid down under the tree to sneakily chew on presents, but it was cute none-the-less!

Wrigley loves loves loves loves to sleep on our laps. Here she is helping me check my email...


And attacking my face...


We let her crawl in between our coffee table (on the shelf) for an entire day, but then we realized that she probably shouldn't do that because she was chewing our Chinese Checker Board (love Chinese Checkers!). But it's kind of hard to get her to stop something once we let her do it for so long. All of my Child Development classes have taught me that consistency is the key, so her we go...


And here we are just cuddling...She pretty much loves her new home!


3 comments:

Sue said...

In the wrds of Buddy the Elf. "I want one"

Christina Marie said...

So cute!! I think Wrigley would love Flourtown almost as much as she loves Torrington during our christmas celebration! :)

Susie said...

So Cute - I love the last picture of wrigley AND your side bangs!