From all of the blog reading that I do, (and it's a lot), I know I am not the only one who has recently been smitten by Downton Abbey. PBS Masterpiece Theater has done right!
Anywho, while tackling one of my 30 by 30 31 by 31 goals - to finish Brooke's baby book - I started watching Downton Abbey as I scrapbooked away. It helps the creative juices flow - or helps me procrastinate - either one. I really enjoyed it and all of a sudden, Downton Abbey became not just a scrapbooking activity, but a popular nap time activity for me as well as an "anytime the kids will let me watch TV" activity. And thus, I finished season 1 pretty quickly (only 7 episodes, so no big deal!).
My quest to obtain season 2 has proved difficult, because it is not on netflix, nor on PBS.com. What's that about? I went online to check our local library and I put myself on the wait list. When I called today to see how far down the wait list I was, it turns out I was 13th! What? 13 people have to watch the whole of season 2 before me? Well, I would not settle for that. So I called another local library who had season 2, though it was checked out. No wait list, however. This made me think how stupid number 1-12 are on the first library wait list that they are not checking other libraries for season 2. So, anyway, I decided to jump on that opportunity and be 1st on this library's wait list.
I am an eager one, however, so I called yet another local library - and lo and behold, they have season 2 and it is in their hands - actually, it's on hold in my name as we speak, so they better be keeping their mitts off of it!
Every afternoon, before nap, Brooke asks me what we're going to do after nap. Today I said I wasn't sure what we would be doing, but that it would be fun! She was happy with that. Needless to say, our afternoon adventure has revealed itself - a trip to the library! Fun indeed.
3 comments:
Bob says every day before nap: "But what does the puppy want to play after rest time? Fire truck. And [insert sport of the day]."
I have heard SO much about this show, but haven't watched it yet! I'm thinking it's a summer series for me. Glad you are enjoying it so much! Are you through season 2 yet?
Angie - so adorable! It's so funny the stuff they need to figure out before night-night - and then they always remember, so make sure whatever you say you're going to do, you're willing to carry out! And Linds - I finished season 2 is 3 days because it was due back at the library! Had some late nights, but it was worth it:)
Post a Comment