1. Paint my fingernails a lima bean type color.
2. Start (and finish) Brooke's baby book.
3. Make a table runner.
4. Steam mop my floors so I can return my sister's steam mop that I've had for the last four months.
5. Start a family tradition that no other family can duplicate.
6. Get a puppy
7. Try a new recipe.
8. See our wilderness neighbor, Mr. Bear, who hangs out around here and who I have yet to see in person.
9. Have a family picture taken.
10. Plant a tree.
11. Go to Disney World (I originally had "Go to Hawaii" but I'd never accomplish that, so I had to make it something equally as awesome and much more doable).
12. Get a kitten.
13. Watch 'Julie & Julia'.
14. Join a church group.
15. Clean out our garage.
16. Hang a swing for Brooke.
17. Read a good book.
18. Start a journal.
19. Write a poem.
20. Get a pedicure.
21. Make our sun porch a place you'd actually want to sit in.
22. Convince Scott to rent the movie, 'Letters to Juliet'.
23. Get an iPhone.
24. Win the Beebe Family March Madness bracket.
25. Play in a basketball league.
26. Make a picture, video and music montage of everything Brookie.
27. Road trip to visit Megg-o and Carter (two separate road trips...but they count as one item on my list...).
28. Institute College Sweatshirt Friday for the teachers at my school - I talk about it every year and I never follow through - well, gosh darn it, this is my year!
29. Learn to play a new song on the piano
30. Finish my cross-stitch of a cute and cuddly bear hanging on a clothesline with mice floating by...I'm about 3/8th of the way done...I started it a year and a half ago.
Soo...the good news is that this list will ensure that I blog about each thing I accomplish - that's 30 different blogs for your reading pleasure. Although, it might not be 30, cuz I'll tell ya right now that some of these things won't happen. But that's why I threw in some easy ones so that I'd feel a small sense of accomlishment that some of them got done. Wish me luck!! And check back in - I'll be posting about items off my list very soon!
2 comments:
I think that #2 should be #1 and #1 should be #2. But whatever. Also, I feel like you were struggling for things with "Plant a tree" and "Write a poem" Do you want to write a Haiku? "Barb is a silly girl. See her run and play with Brooke. What a good little mother."
Also, you forgot, face painting and candy making! But I am looking forward to your blogs on 30 by 30. And can we go to Disney with you?
I hope you're knocking some of these down because time's a tickin, woman. I think I should start on my list now while I've still got some time... Oh, and we'll come to Disney, too, please. And Hawaii.
Post a Comment