Monday, October 11, 2010

30 by 30 UPDATE

Oh man, I am knocking things off this list left and right! Where to start...

#8 - See the Bear - We saw the bear today!! Thanks to Wrigley and her keeping a vigilant watch out our back door. She went into a barking frenzy. I thought it was just another squirral or bird, the usual things that she barks at. But as I looked, there it was! The biggest bear I'd ever seen!! (I may be exaggerating, but I haven't seen many bears, especially this close up). So, very exciting start to our morning!!!

#12 - Get a Kitten - Who am I kidding? Scott would never let me get a kitten. He doesn't like them - he says you can't trust them and that they are too unpredictable. Whatever. But, a friend of mine at work had kittens, and so I convinced my parents to take them for their barn!! Two kittens! I play with them everyday. So does Brooke. We love them. So, this counts as completing #12 because technically I am responsible for bringing these kittens into our family and my mom keeps saying that I need to help take care of them. I named them too - Rascal and Scoot. Sooo...check!
#13 - Watch 'Julie and Julia' - When Scott's mom came to visit, we rented the movie. The only way I could get Scott to do it was if there was two against one.

#14 - Join a Church Group - We did. Monday evenings. We go tonight for the second time. So far so good. Except we haven't done our homework for it yet, and I only have three hours left before we go...maybe I should be doing that instead of this??? No...

#16 - Hang a Swing for Brooke - The same weekend we watched Julie and Julia, Scott's dad came up and he and Scott hung Brooke's swing...she loves her swing! It pretty much puts her to sleep.


#25 - Play in a Basketball League - Well, if you call playing once and then skipping the next two weeks as playing in a league, then I'm doing it! I'll go this week, I promise.

#28 - College Sweatshirt Day at School - It was last Friday and was a big hit. At least among the younger teachers. I stole the idea from Meggo's school and everyone really really liked it. And since I just quit my job to stay home with Brooke, I had to do College Sweatshirt Day fast before my last day - which is this Friday. Can you believe it? Me either!

So...that is all the thing I have completed off the list. I know I said I'd post a new post for each one, but that's just crazy! I'm on a roll now - expect a new update in the next day or so. Whatever 30!! I am rockin' my list and you can't stop me!


No comments: