Sunday, July 25, 2010

Would You Rather...

Sometimes, in life, we are faced with questions that force us to deeply analyze our inner being. And sometimes, we are not. This is one of those "not" times.

As I made my tuna fish sandwiches today for lunch, and while Scott gagged over my choice of sandwich, I decided to figure out exactly how much Scott despises tuna fish. To start I asked, "Scott, why don't you like tuna? It's delicious!" Scott replied, "Have you smelled what you're eating? That's tuna. It's gross."

I really needed to know under what conditions Scott would indeed eat the dreaded tuna, and so we played a quick spontaneous game of "Would You Rather..." It was enlightening. I learned that Scott would rather eat tuna than: raw squid, 6 feet of tree bark, and dog meat (although he said in order to truly make his decision regarding dog meat, he would need to know what dog meat tasted like - however, he specified that he would definitely not eat Wrigley...phew!). Scott would also eat tuna over Jell-O throw up - at first I just asked "Would you rather eat tuna or throw-up," and he needed me to specify what kind of throw-up. I think that throw up is throw up, but apparently Scott does not feel the same. I can only assume that there are some kinds of throw up that Scott might actually eat instead of tuna. Anyway, Scott said that he would also rather eat tuna instead of bird fetuses and also instead of licking our car windshield clean after a long road trip to NH (smushed bugs galore!)

However, there are several things that Scott would actually rather eat than tuna, including: chewed up jelly-beans (chewed by Wrigley), breast milk (although this was a tough one), and possibly a mashed up banana on the sidewalk, however he'd have to see the sidewalk first.

Surprisingly, playing this game took up several minutes of our day - in fact, we had established all of these Would You Rather's by the time I was done making my tuna fish sandwiches. Scott is now enjoying a ham and turkey sandwich - he could finally enter the kitchen once the tuna smell was gone. But I learned a lot about my husband today - not only that he feels very strongly about tuna fish, but also that he would probably make a pretty good contestant on Fear Factor.

I encourage you to play a game of "Would You Rather" with your friend or significant other today - and then blog about it.

No comments: