For those of you who don't know, Scott and I (and Brooke and Wrigs) have recently moved into our first actual house. (The condo is still on the market - tell your friends!). Anyway, everyday I come up with something new that I LOVE about living in a house, and everyday there is something new that I dislike about living in a house. So, here is my first installment of, what I call, "The Best and the Worst"...
The best thing about living in our new house is the yard:
Wrigs has a great place to run around and find sticks, and we can walk around or lay out on a blanket without 50 strangers walking by. It's a good thing. It is also a "hot bed" for wildlife, including deer, birds of all varieties, and bear...yes, a bear (only once thus far...)
The worst thing about living in our new house is the drain thingy that gets all the food stuck in it when you're rinsing your plates.
There is absolutely nothing grosser to me than wet food. And I learned something new - apparently you can't have a garbage disposal if you're not on city sewer (or something like that), so I'm stuck with this wet food catcher for the rest of my life! Yuck! (I purposely did not take a picture of the gross wet food catcher drain thing with food in it, because I didn't want those who read my blog to get queasy if those who read my blog also think wet food is gross).
I'm sure I will love many more things and also dislike many more things. I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
Love it! Your yard is beautiful!!! We have those nasty food catcher drains too...yucky! Hope you're having fun at Lake George! :)
I'm with you on the soggy food bits -- I feel like I could never again live without a garbage disposal. But now that you don't have one, and you do have a big yard, sounds like it's time to start composting!
You are a riot! :)
Post a Comment