Friday, February 5, 2010

My New Profession

I'm thinking about quitting my job and pursuing my real calling in life - writing children's songs. I wrote one song in college entitled "Oh, What a Beautiful Day". It caught on quick, and the GCWB really helped put the finishing touches on it. The first verse goes like this:

Oh, I look at the sun
And I look at the sky
And I look at the flowers
As I paaaaaaassssss them by,
Oh, what a beautiful day...
Oh, what a beautiful day!

I know what you're thinking - that that song sounds pretty darn good. And I'm in agreement with you. But even after that song became a huge hit on the GCWB van in San Fran, it still took me 7 more years before I wrote another song - inspired by the Brooke-worm. My latest is entitled "I Love to Give You Kisses", and it goes like this:

Oh, I love to give you kisses all day long, all day long
I love to give you kisses on the *blank* (nose, head, ears, feet, fill in whatever you want here....)
Oh, I love to give you kisses all day long, all day long
I love to give you kisses, yes I do!!!

So each verse, you switch for another body part - so not only is it music to your baby's ears, but it also helps teach your baby the different parts of body. Genius.

I was hesitant to put my lyrics on the blog, for fear that someone might steal them and make millions. But the lyrics are really nothing without the tune, and in order to get the tune, you'd have to be around when I sing the songs...and pretty much the only person around when I sing these songs is Brooke, and I know she's not going to repeat them (at least not yet).

Maybe I'll let Jill and Kate in on it and they could have a special children's version of the "Song on the 17th" or something...I'm just saying...

2 comments:

Sue said...

You made a Good song. It will make the billboards top 10 one day.
"Those five little words" remember that song?

Christina Marie said...

OR you could combine jobs, become an elementary counselor and make up songs and sing them to your students, songs about being a good friend, using nice words, and not picking your nose.