On this - Brooke's one week birthday - I am eating a chocolate-covered marshmallow santa and reflecting on the most amazing thing that has ever happened in my life. So, in honor of this most amazing one week birthday, I have some blog-outs to give to all those who made Brooke's birth so amazing. (Did I mention that it literally is amazing?!?!)
Blog-out #2 goes to Scott. I've tried to express to him
several times how amazing he was throughout Brooke's birth, but words really cannot do him justice. His encouragement was unbelievable - and I literally remember thinking, as I was pushing, how incredible it was that he knew exactly how to encourage me and affirm me during the scariest and hardest thing that I've ever had to do. In between each push, my eyes went directly to his eyes, and every single time he was looking directly back at me. It sounds silly, but that was probably the most meaningful part - being completely in tune with him. Scott is the most amazing husband and it is so fun to watch him be a dad - he is perfect.
Anna, my "doula", gets the next blog-out, even though she doesn't even read this blog (out of laziness, not because she doesn't like it). Anna is one of my best friends, and she was my second "support" person in the room when Brooke was born. Anna was a calming and encouraging presence. She even skipped her class to be there - and she brought all 10 seasons of Friends' on DVD. I think it's safe to say that our friendship has definitely reached a completely different level from where it ever was before! She was amazing, consistent and calm. She made me laugh in between contractions and it was perfect - Scott and Anna complemented each other, all to my and Brooke's benefit. Go Anna!
Our parents are next - From my parents dropping everything to come and get me when I called to say my water had broke to Scott's parents driving up from Philly to see their most recent granddaughter on the day that she was born. My parents waited with me in the hospital until Scott got there, and my mom came back later in the day to check in and stayed until I was ready to push - she then proceeded to go back to my condo and clean my bathroom - the site of the water-breaking. Only a mom would do that! My dad took care of Wrigley whilst my mom cleaned and they took Wrigley to the farm for the next couple nights. Scott's parents stayed at our condo for the night and when we got home, things had been cleaned! Our bed was made, our living room was picked up, the dishwasher was emptied, and I can't be sure, but they may have swept the floors as well! Balloons and a card were left from Scott's mom and dad to welcome us home, along with a pointsettia from my parents. Parents are awesome - and that's why they get blog-outs!
One of the most important blog-outs goes to Brooke - who came into this world as easily and wonderfully as I could imagine. She is beautiful - with barely any lip issues (which I may or may not had been concerned about from her ultrasound pictures). I love her more than I ever thought I could! Brooke is the sweetest little thing I have ever seen, and the best baby she could be - despite our sleepless nights. I am so excited to be her mom....I literally fall in love with her over and over again every day!
Thanks for all of the encouraging messages - it is so fun to know how blessed we are to have friends and family who are covering us in prayer and loving us so much. So, this last blog-out goes out to you!!
Everyone says that you can't describe the feeling of having a baby and how much you love the little kiddo right away - and it's true. Not to be cheesy, (although I think just using the word "cheesy" makes it cheesy), I really can't find words to even describe what has gone on over the past week emotionally, physically and spiritually, (something similar to the rooster story a few weeks back!) It's overwhelming and awesome (having a baby, NOT being attacked by a rooster). The only words to describe the whole thing are that God takes care of us in ways we could never imagine. So so so so amazing!
6 comments:
Barb,that was beautiful! You were and continue to be amazing! God has blessed you and Scott with each other and now with a precious, beautiful daughter! I am so thankful and blessed by the three of you! I love you. Mom Beebe
B that was a perfect blog. I never cry at blogs. Yours was my first. That was awesome; I love your description of everyone, but started crying when you talked about looking at Scott's eyes. I'm so so so happy for you and Scott. And Brooke. SHOOT, does she even KNOW who her mom is? Wait til she hears.
Yay! Great post Barb! Can we call you guys soon?
Nothing like crying on a snow day to Bestie Barb's blog- God is shining through you in your new role as mom, I believe it for Scott too! Can't wait till the 21st!!!!!!!
Very nice Barb, you did a great job. Now I don't usually cry at blogs, and this is no different, but I almost did cry when you wrote about Scott. You guys are so cute being Daddy and Mommy. I loved reading your blog tonight. (Except I don't understand the Rooster part)
Congratulations. We love you!
I have chills! Thank you for this little window into Brooke's birth. It sounds like things went so smoothly and God really had his hand on you guys! I can't wait to meet her and see you as a Mommy - isn't motherhood just the most amazing and incredible experience in the world?!?! I LOVE that picture of Brooke holding your finger - just precious! I think there are some plans in the works to see CT friends right after the new year...wonder if you'll be up for it by then or not?? Miss you!
Post a Comment