Thursday, July 23, 2009

Some Things

Here's some things...

Something Weird: Have you ever been in the locker-room at the gym and the people in the shower are friends and they are talking to each other and they are talking soooo LOUD so they can hear each other above the noise of the shower, and so their conversation is loud and clear to all parties in the entire locker-room and beyond?  Well, I have been, just the other day.  And the people were talking about medical tests they have had.  Could that conversation BE anymore awkward to overhear?  And I'm not just talking about general medical tests, they are giving details to each other...  Needless to say I was out of there mad quick.

Something delicious:  The DQ Girlscout Cookie Tagalong Blizzard.  Blizzard?  GOOD.  Tagalongs?  GOOD.  Hot Fudge on top?  YES, PLEASE!

Something Bigger:  Wrigley was having some issues with her dog bed.  Issue #1 - it was too small.  That's actually all the issues.  Her bed fit her perfectly when she was a puppy, and now that she's all grown up and 8 months old, her head would fall off the edge of the bed and rest on the floor...(see picture below).  So, Wrigley got a new dog bed...well, more of a dog pillow. and She loves it!  No more stiff necks and cold floor for her!  She is so frieken' cute!
Old Bed:
New Bed:

Something Right Now:  Right now, (speaking of Wrigley), Wrigley is at the stairs throwing her ball down the stairs and then running after it.  Then, she runs back up the stairs with her ball and drops it down the stairs again.  She is so frieken' cute!

Something Wicked Crazy Fun:  Rachel Carter came to visit a couple weeks ago.  I love her!  Even though we talk all the time on the phone, it's just soooo good to actually SEE her and hang out and talk and eat and watch tv, etc...  We played tennis, and ate at Panera and rented a movie and had all sorts of wicked crazy fun.  She is my go to person through EVERYTHING and having her at the condo was a great summer time treat (even better than the DQ Tagalong Blizzard).


Something Domestic:  I made a pie.

Something Strange: Last night, there were two frogs on our front door window.  They looked like they were suction cupped there or something.  I didn't know that frogs could climb and hang on like that...did anyone else know that?  Anyway, we took pictures.  It was really strange and kind of creepy.


Something Farm Related: We got chickens! (I use the word "we" loosely).  For the last few months, you may have heard me discussing with my dad our need for chickens.  Now that I'm pregnant, and in my quest to raise my children the EXACT SAME WAY that I was raised (I mean, because I turned out so well!!) we need to get the Goodwin farm back up and running.  So, when my dad mentioned getting chickens, I may have said that I'd go in with him on it.  Now, me going "in with him" on chickens pretty much means I am supporting him in his decision to get chickens.  And because of all of the support that I am giving, I will be able to partake in the delicious eggs that will eventually begin to arrive when these chickens start laying.  I firmly believe in treating animals kindly and no growth hormone and all that, not enough to not buy meat from the grocery store or anything, but mainly in principle.  So the more animal food products that can come from our farm, the better.  Next up....a cow!  (My dad doesn't really know about that yet...)  Here's some pics of our new chickens and Wrigley and her sister, Molly, staring them down and licking their chops.



Something Crazy:  Wrigley and Molly caught two birds the other day!  We always knew that they were schnoodles, but we did not know that they were bird dogs!  My dad put netting around our (and again, and I use the word "our" loosely...again, I give support and partake in the reaping...) blueberry bushes.  The netting is supposed to keep the birds OUT of the blueberries, however the netting really does an awful lot of letting birds IN and then not letting the birds back out.  So, when Wrigley and Molly realized that there were birds caught in the blueberry bushes, they decided it was there day to finally catch one of those high-flying animals that they'd been chasing and that had been eluding them for so long.  Needless to say, Molly and Wrigley chased the poor birds around and around and around in the blueberry bushes - Molly took the inside of the netting and Wrigley ran around the outside - until the birds got tired and landed.  Wrigley and Molly then pounced on them, and played with the birds until my dad rescued the birds and released them from their schnoodle bondage.  Both birds lived to chirp about it.  Wrigley and Molly caught the birds and the birds still lived - a happy ending for everybody! 

Something else:  We had another ultrasound done last week...and Baby Beebe is going to be a girl!! Yay!  Scott said he probably would have pumped his fist in the air and said something like, "I did it!" if we were having a boy (something about guys feeling masculine when they have a son or something...) but Scott is very excited to have a girl since then I have to give the sex talk in about 13 years or so...I should start working on that now.  (Little does Scott know that since we're having a girl, he's about to be outnumbered...well, he probably knows it, but doesn't REALIZE it yet:)

And that is all the things I have for now...Happy Summer!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This blog post made me very happy! I LOVE the ultrasound pictures! She's beautiful already! The frog picture was a little creepy. And I'm so happy "you guys" (aka your parents) got chickens. My sister and brother-in-law live on a little farm on a dirt road about 10 minutes from us and they have chickens that we're going to get eggs from and just got two pigs last night (that will end up in their freezer this winter)...maybe you should move to NH and live near the Allenbys and Rachel Carter - how fun would THAT be?!?!?!

Sue said...

What a very fun little blog. I finally was able to read all of it and it made me happy. I had some of it up the other night and was trying to get through it when my mother-in-law came by and then started reading it as well, so I turned it off.
Anyways, love the puppies and the baby and the frogs and the pie and Carter. Very nice.