Saturday, July 11, 2009

Five Years

On July 10, 2004, Scott and I tied the knot.  It's been five years since then...and that knot is still tied, y'all, with no sign of unraveling...not ever!  So, to celebrate our milestone, Scott and I went out to dinner, exchanged gifts, and had Friendly's ice cream sundaes.  Here's a rundown of our day:

Scott came home from work, and my parents took us out to dinner at the Olive Garden (fancy, I know!)  It was delicious as usual.  At the gift exchange portion of the program. Scott gave me a kitchen-aid mixer (yet to be purchased, we're in the price comparison stage).  I'm planning on baking my own bread -- did you know that the second largest quantity ingredient in most store bought bread is high fructose corn syrup?  What?!?  That sounds crazy to me too.  So in Scott's loving quest to humor my unreasonable endeavors, he is allowing me to purchase an expensive kitchen gadget.  Yay!  

I gave Scott what I thought was going to be a good gift, but which Scott has deemed one of the greatest gifts he has ever received -- NBA Superstars on DVD: 1, 2 and 3.  Once home from dinner, we spent the remainder of the night watching MJ, Barkley, Magic, Bird highlights (among others), set to music, multiple times.  I learned a lot about Scott last night -- for instance that he watched Superstars over and over and over again when he was a kid and memorized all the songs and bball moves, just like my sister and I watched the Little Mermaid until we had the entire movie memorized verbatim.  I also learned that he and his brothers used to sing along...I can never get Scott to sing along these days!  (Although, he sort of sang along to Superstars last night).  You can click here for a little taste of our anniversary entertainment.

Anyway, July 10, 2009 was a great day.  And Scott and I have made it to the big 5.  Woo-hoo!  Coincidentally, the day was exactly like our wedding day -- weather wise that is.  It was a beautiful.

Look how far we've come...
Our Family - July 10, 2004
Our Family at Five - July 10, 2009


6 comments:

Dad said...

Congratulations to a great couple! I am so glad you enjoyed your day, youyr five years, and your commitment for many many more!

Sue said...

Congratulations. Actaully I hear the first sign of an unraveling marriage is when a pregnant wife destroys a husband at tennis. NO! I'm just kidding. You guys looked great then and look better now. Love you both.

Christina Marie said...

Congrats!!

So I guess Scott's story is legit because as I clicked on the link to see some Superstar action, John heard the music and came running over and started singing along.

Susie said...

1. Nice Bump
2. That is the best present ever. Yes, they all did sing along, and we would probably all be able to match 100% of the superstars with their song. My personal favorite was Warrior.

Sarah said...

While reading this post, I was like, "good job B...5 years" and then I was like "A KITCHEN-AID!!, GREAT JOB BARB!!" I know that seems backward, but I just have to give a shout-out to one of the best purchases I've EVER made...seriously...enjoy. Oh, and Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Scott and Barb...Superstars 1 is sitting on our shelf next to the TV right now...