The very first Final Four Weekend Extravaganza occurred when we lived in Beacon Falls and Scott's brothers and girlfriends (well, girlfriends at the time, now they are wives!) were in attendance...they really helped start it all. They also helped start the tradition of "field day" during the day on Saturday of the Final Four. We played various schoolyard games, the most notable of which was SPUD, before the games began. Since that time, the "field day" has continued. This year, however, due to the inclement weather, we may stay indoors with an awesome math class project to brainstorm and try out for Meghan's Geometry class. It may not sound awesome to you, and if not, than I'm thinking you don't fully understand how awesome Meghan is.
Anna has chosen to sleep (due her whole "working nights" nursing thing), and she won't get to the extravaganza until later. But, I'm trusting that once she is here that she will stay awake long enough to witness the first ever projection of the Final Four in HD onto our wall. Our goal is to make the Final Four life-size...I will let you know if our goal is reached. We're hoping this will start yet another Final Four Weekend Extravaganza tradition.
All are welcome to the attend today's Final Four Weekend Extravaganza events, and if you can't make it this year because you live in Chicago or something, then hopefully next year....same time, same place, same traditions, same awesome-ness.
4 comments:
Wish I was there, as my weekend doesn't involve field day activities, or math activities, and I would love to be in on the math with meghan hour!
BUT, you can look for me on your life-size projection on Monday night cheering for....wait, who's playing again?
We we will go ahead and pencil it in our calendars for next year. But that's also around the time we were thinking about going on a cruise...so we'll see.
Has your extravaganza included toe touches yet?
I wish I was there!!!!! Maybe next year! Miss you girls!
Post a Comment