Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tricycle Makeover Y'All!

Should I be a famous DIY blogger or what?!  Yes, I should.  And I'll tell you why...

It all started 2 months ago, when I drove by a tag sale, saw some toys in all the "stuff" and screeched my car to a stop on the side of busy road.  I came home with a lot of stuff, polly pockets, Disney princess books...but most importantly, an old tricycle!



But it was in need of some serious TLC.



(Don't worry, it wasn't missing a seat when I bought it.  Scott had already taken the seat off before I was able to take the "before" pictures).

We made the mistake of asking B what color tricycle she wanted.  She said "pink and purple."  So...we had to find some pink and purple spray paint - Home Depot to the rescue.  After some elbow grease on Scott's part, and some serious tricycle dissection - not to mention some creative taping so the spray paint ended up only where we wanted it - B got herself a pink and purple tricycle!


I still need to try to find some tassels for the handlebars...I'm thinking about some of those cheap pom-poms on a stick, I just don't know where to find them.


B loves it.  she's still getting the hang of pedaling, which is a pretty serious skill if you want to ride a tricycle...but it's fun none-the-less.


I mean, she's already doing tricks on it and everything...


Even K is getting on board!


Granted, the process took 2 months to complete - if I was a famous blogger, my turnover would probably have to be a lot quicker.

2 comments:

conveyableflow said...

super cute! nice job, pro mom!

Anonymous said...

2 months or 2 days - either way I'm super impressed! Cute trike! :)