I can't believe I have not one, but TWO Lake George trips to blog about. (And possibly a third coming up in a couple weeks!) As always, a post about LG is best done with the use of pictures. So...
The girls had a blast at LG on our big family vacay. Scott's parents and brothers were there - though we were lacking a pretty serious link in the Beebe chain (I don't think I've ever used that analogy before). Susie and Ben weren't able to make it this summer because of Susie's treatments. It was really weird to not have the extra hustle and bustle around of their family - and our girls were definitely a little out of whack with no cousins to play with. They are used to having cousins galore! But we managed some fun times and hoping that we can make some LG magic with the team Ohio soon!
We spent a lot of time at the public beach, just because it's very kid friendly and who doesn't love a diaper full of sand?
Brooke loved (and when I say "loved" I mean "LOVED!") Uncle John's dog, Hogan. She walked him (or he walked her, whatever!) all over the point!
Grandma even played a rousing game of ladder ball...
And then there's the LG sky...
(My sister hates sky pictures...so, sorry Sue. But you have to post it when it's that beautiful!)
Brooke loved the water, although you can't tell from this picture. It did take her some time to warm up to it, but by the end of the week, she was loving it.
One of the perks of living so close to LG is that we can visit on the weekend - which is what we did just a couple of weeks ago. It was still warm enough to stay in the cabin (although it was a tad chilly our last night there). We didn't go swimming, but we did get to enjoy all of the other LG activities and while being the only people on the point (besides Grandma and Pop Pop, of course)...
Our neighbors have goats, and they were still out everyday - so we spent a lot of time there, obvi.
And then, we trespassed (did I mention we were the only people on the point?) and took in the view from our neighbors little nook that overlooks the lake.
Oh my cute girls!
Over the summer, we never made it down into the village for the annual around-the-world mini golf outing. So, we took the girls this time around. Not much mini golfing occurred, but the girls ran a-muck and Scott and I alternated playing each hole while the other wrangled the crazy toddlers with tiny golf clubs.
And then, of course, another sky shot. Can't get enough of that view.
Hopefully my next "sky shot" will involve some fall foliage. We love LG!
2 comments:
I love how much you love Lake George and I love all these pictures you posted!!
Since when do I have the reputation of hating sky pictures? I don't hate sky pictures. I don't anything sky pictures. "Whatever to sky pictures" I always say. I do however get annoyed when we look at a bunch of old pictures and there are like 50 sky pictures and no one knows what or where or when. Unlabeled sky pictures are not that great. Labeled sky pictures are the best!!! And you did it great. So there for you are the best. So to sum up: I do not hate sky pictures, I just prefer them to be labled, Barb is the Best at posting labeled sky pictures. (All of your pictures were great by the way, especially the ones of your girls)
Post a Comment