Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Update of Life....

Wow, two months and no blogging.  Time is flying up in here.  Here's a quick recap, with pictures when applicable:

-Karis is now 6 months old!! She sits up, she eats solid food, she's rolled over approximately 5 times.  It doesn't get any more exciting than that!  (What?  There are things more exciting than that?  You're blowing my mommy mind right now!)


-Brooke is 26 months old (2 years and 2 months in non-mommy language) and she is talking up a storm.  She is learning to share...kind of.  She can spot a Dunkin' Donuts sign from 100 yards away. She is just a gem all around.  A GREAT big sis.  Now that Karis can sit up, Brooke plays with her much more, and by "play with" I mean plays AT her - shoving toys at her, "feeding" Karis with her play kitchen utensils, throwing balls at her in an attempt to play "catch", even feeding Karis a goldfish cracker the other day.  Needless to say I have to keep an eye on things around here.



-We are currently in the middle of accomplishing our goal to watch all eight seasons of the show 24.  We have finished season 1 and 2.  In the words of Scott's brother, Mark, "you can only hear the words, "thousands of people might die!" so many times before you have to take a break from the show..."  I can see how that might be true.


imgres.jpg


-My Freshmen girls bball team that I coach is currently 5-0, with a win margin of over 30 points per game.  The girls are just really really good, although I take SOME credit as the coach, having worked tirelessly to mold these girls into the phenomenal players that they are over the past 6 weeks...and by "tirelessly molding" I mean having conversations with them about how many days in a row I've worn the same hoodie to practice and need to break out a new one.  But anyway...

-Just read this article today - If this doesn't sum up what being a mommy is like, or parenting in general, (or even if you "parent" a dog instead of children), then I don't know what does.

-And really, that's all the updates I can think of.  Obviously, there was Christmas and Thanksgiving in there, which were TONS of fun.  But too much to recap right now.

So, Karis just threw her ball popper across the room.  I think she needs some attention.  Or a diaper change.  Or both.  More updates to come...hopefully in less than two months!




3 comments:

Mom said...

So so cute! I feel like Karis has changed so much already in just a few short weeks! Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

ummm - how did I not see that you had blogged until now. What a horrible blogging friend I am (and real friend too!). So exciting to see how big Karis is getting. I wish we were seeing you at the alumni games tomorrow, but it just isn't gonna happen. Hope we get to see you soon!

Mark said...

I'm just happy I got a shout out.