Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Been a While...

...Two months to be exact. So much going on around here - from house projects, birthdays, half birthdays, my favorite holiday, being pregnant, the bachelorette, the list goes on and on. So, here's the update for y'all, in numerical order (which really just means no order at all...)

1. The Bachelorette started another season. I was not an Ashley fan - until she turned brunette. Something about the hair made her so much more interesting. And then there's Bentley, and who can resist a story line like that? What could be his motivation for being a jerk? Just to be famous for 5 minutes? But it's a bad kind of famous, one that could only be parlayed into more reality tv stints. And I love how his occupation under his name just said "businessman." What is that?

2. I'm feeling very very pregnant these days. People have said things like, "you look great!" and "you don't act pregant" (thanks mom b. for that one). But I feel very huge. Just a few more weeks left. And so much left to do.

Quick story, I was at Target today standing in line. There was a woman checking out with a bunch of stuff, and another woman with a bunch of stuff ahead of me, then me, then a guy behind me - and this is the only line open! So, anyways, a Target worker goes to the register next to us and says, "Can I help the next person in line?" and who goes over, but the guy BEHIND me!! What? He's not next!! So, the lady in front of me and I share a glance like, "what's that all about?!" and then she says, "I guess you're not pregnant enough!" and I laugh. Ha! That's funny!

But no, I'm very pregnant. So pregnant that I should have been next in line.

3. We have been doing house projects galore. Here's some pics to wet your appetite.

Scott and his dad built me a picnic table for my birthday...love it.

And we spent all day Saturday staining it. The color is Moss Blue. See how it compliments the house? I thought you'd like it.

Brooke just carried around old buckets of paint - one of her new favorite activities.

My dad built me flower boxes for my windows as well, and those got stained too.

We ripped out a ton of weeds and crazy plants/vines/bushes that were over-running our front landscaping and then planted new shrubs (see one there on the left?) Then we mulched. Which, by the way, is very stinky. I never knew how bad mulch smelled. It's bad.

The front of our house is coming together after being completely ripped apart. I'm going to post a GRAND REVEAL (so grand that it requires the caps lock button) on the blog in the next few days. Actually, it's going to be MORE than a GRAND REVEAL, because I will have before and after pictures. I know, you can't wait...

4. Meanwhile, my 30th birthday came and went, as did Memorial Day, widely known as my favorite holiday. Scott's family came to visit for the weekend, as did my brother and his fam from NH. So much family, so much fun. We have a Memorial Day picnic every year, which is the very picnic that I modeled our wedding reception after - that's just how much I love this holiday. The parade was cancelled, however, due to the rain (of which there was NONE) which makes me so mad! I was so close to up and moving to OH - my sister-in-law, Susie, makes a serious argument as to why that is a good idea.

Brookie's first ice-cream cone on Memorial Day

5. Brookie's half birthday came and went as well. 18 months. Big! She is doing more and more everyday. She says lots of words, "found" when she finds something (or whenever she sees something, like a bird, or her teddy bear). She also says "uh-oh" when she drops stuff and "sit" when she wants to sit in a chair or just sit down on the floor. She says a lot more, but only when prompted with something like, "Say, (insert word here)" and she'll repeat it. She also says lots of animal noises, and knows all of the facial characteristics, i.e. nose, ear, etc... The list of things she knows goes on and on, I couldn't possibly list everything. But she still loves all things basketball - whenever we pass a bball hoop, or a basketball, she must reach out to it and say, "found, found!" I swear we didn't force that on her, it must just come naturally to her.

So, after two months of no blogging, I have updated you and I have blogs galore to get to. Let's list them: The very much anticipated GRAND REVEAL, some video of Brooke performing all of her tricks, and of course a 30 by 30 update, which I failed miserably at. (But 20, or maybe 15, out of 30 ain't bad, right?) Until then...I leave you with this cute pic of Brooke and I hanging out. Enjoy...


1 comment:

Mom said...

love the blog, love the pictures, loved the weekend with you! Brookie is sooooo cute!