It's that time of year, when districts are re-analyzing everything in order to plan for their 2010-11 budget. So, in our new budget proposal, not just one counselor is cut, not just two of us, but THREE school counselors. So even though I thought I might be safe because I was no longer the "lowest one on the totem pole," it doesn't work when they cut three positions and your second lowest on the totem pole. Even though it is not all the way definite (they might decide to "restructure" in stead of "cut...), it is definite enough so that I need to come up with some plan B's.
I have many plan B's swirling through my head. One of which is to get another job as a School Counselor - of which there are couple openings in the area. So I will definitely keep those options open. Another plan B is to stay home with Brookie and enjoy life as a mommy. However, after 12 weeks of maternity leave, I know that I'll probably get bored or go stir-crazy. So to go along with this plan B, I have developed a list of things/ideas/hobbies to work on in case this is indeed the plan B that we choose. My list to accompany "Plan B - Stay At Home Mommy" is as follows:
-Write a book (I have several book ideas...both topical, informative, non-fiction, fiction and historical fiction).
-Write a children's book (most likely farm-themed)
-Learn Spanish (Anna, can I borrow your Rosetta Stone?)
-Get an Alpaca
-Get a cow
-Get some chickens (no roosters, please...they attack)
-Work on my plans to open up a smore-themed restaurant called "The Smore Shack" or "Smores Galores"
-Buy a Dairy Queen
-Look up my genealogy (and Scott's genealogy) like on that new show "Who Do You Think You are?" Hulu it.)
-Work on my "Minute To Win it" skills.
-Start a garden
-Bake something every third day
-Turn into one of those psycho coupon people who go to the store and buy a bunch of things for a total of only $1 because they are so good at cutting coupons.
-Do laundry like it's my job (oh, right, I already do that...)
If you have any other ideas that might keep my busy (not that I won't be busy enough with all of this!) let me know. Hooray for Plan B's!!
3 comments:
I love your list.
1) I am addicted to "Who do you think you are" on Hulu. I still have a few more to watch.
2)My kids are in need of some farm books.
3) I am in need of some S'mores
4) I think you would rock at minute to win it.
5) You could move to Ohio and be Brooke's mommy here, and then it would never be boring because we would do all the mommy stuff together like go to the library, museum, swimming lessons (it's never too young to start), Target 5 times a week, etc. Think about it. I'd move there but I can't because it's more expensive and you don't have Meijer and I'm guessing you also don't have Sonic or Chik fil a?
OR everyone could move to PA since we have majority of Beebe family here.
Barb - I vote for minute to win it, then you would earn enough money to open the smore shack!
B-How did I not see this blog earlier! Sorry! I can't believe your position might be cut. I'm sure that's super sad and super scary to you...but I KNOW you would be an awesome stay at home mommy too! You'd think of fun things to do to keep you busy (on top of all the awesome things you already thought of in your list)! Keep me/us updated on what happens! Love you!
Post a Comment