This blog is an ode to my sister, Sue, in an attempt to get her to start her own blog. Several times a week, my sister will send me an email of her random thoughts. They are the funniest emails I have ever read. Whenever I read such an email, I laugh and think to myself, "Gee, this would make a GREAT blog"! I have already came up with the perfect title for her blog...it would be called, "Hi, It's Sue". You see, every time she calls anyone, the conversation goes something like this:
Phone: *ring* *ring*
Me: Hello?
Sue: Hi, It's Sue
Me: Ya, I know (I know it's her because 'Sue Cell' pops up on my phone, along with her picture).
And then the conversation continues. But no matter what, Sue will ALWAYS start the phone call with the same words, "Hi, it's Sue," just in case one might not be sure that it's her calling as a courtesy to those that she calls. If you know it's her, and you answer the phone with "Hi, Sue" she will then say, "How'd you know it was me?" as if caller ID doesn't exist at all. I didn't choose that as the title of her blog, however, because "How'd you know it was me?" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Hi, it's Sue".
Anyway, Sue should start a blog. If you like my blog, then you will LOVE Sue's blog. And I know for a fact that everyone who reads my blog would absolutely read Sue's blog, so she already has a good solid base of blog-readers. (But not Anna because she never reads my blog...)
Let me start at the beginning to show you all what a great person my sister is and to make you want her to start a blog even more...
Until I was born, Sue was the baby of the family. So, she probably wasn't too fond of me back then. Our relationship consisted of Sue just looking at me only:
Our relationship soon began to grow, however, eventually to the point where Sue would pat me on the head...while I was trapped behind the bars of my playpen:
Patting on the head soon turned into hugs and then to all sorts of fun stuff, like...sitting in plastic buckets together in the bathroom:
...and riding on the same tricycle (I just look thrilled!):
That tricycle soon turned into two-wheelers:
And before you knew it, we were best buds - building things together, like snowmen...
...and sandcastles:
And through it all, Sue and I have always been there for each other. Through good times:
...crazy times:
...and through piano-duet times:
Sue was always there to lend her shoulder whenever I was pouting about taking a picture:
And she is by far, the best person to jump in leaves with:
...and to swing on a swing with:
But most awesome of all, is that if you are ever down, she will email you a good 'ole fashioned cheer from her cheerleading days, *claps* and all!
In the words of my dad, "Don't fight...because your sister is the best friend you're ever going to have..." And he was right! (Go figure!)
So, now that I have thoroughly described the type of person she is, how can you NOT want to read her blog?? I can just imagine that you, the reader, are chomping at the bit to see what this cheerleading dietician has to say about life, love and the pursuit of happiness.
I'm just saying, if she doesn't start a blog, then I may just have to start a blog series entitled "Hi, It's Sue" and begin to post her email and facebook messages so that the world can be graced with her crazy fun humor.
So, in summary: my sister should write a blog, we'd all read it, and she was a cheerleader. (Sue's gonna hate me for this one!!!) Do it, Sue....start a blog...I dare you!!!!!














3 comments:
Whatever Barb, Oh, this is Sue by the way. I don't want to blog. But I do have a question. You just called me like a half hour ago asking if you could post this, I said no, but here it is anyways, with a post time of 4:13. But it is now 10:20 so I'm confused a bit. Also, the pictures are very cute. I like how you give the cow-a-bunga sign while with the snowman but are shy in other pictures. I still don't know what mom was thinking when she dressed us. Although I still wish I fit into my watermelon shirt from the bike picture. That was a nice shirt and if I had one I would wear it all the time. (Watermelon is Jason's favorite fruit as well, so bonus if I had one I could wear) The 'girls only' shirt is cool too, but just for the beach I think, maybe the boardwalk too.
Anyways, I think mom still has that play pen if Brooke wants it. I will pat her head too.
And we can teach her how to play duets. Just never ever ever give Brooke a boy hair cut. I remember when Geno the bus driver almost made me sit with a boy becuase he thought I was a boy with my hair cut. I shyly and as apalled as a little kid can be, said "But I'm a girl" It still haunts me.
Ok so lastly: Not a Blogger, No, not a blogger, N-O B-l-o G-g-E-r oh no, Noooooooooooo Blogging! Watermelon shirt!
Start a blog, Sue! I would read it! :) Great post, B. Cute pics!
I would read it too, Sue.
Post a Comment