It was a decision that got real easy around September - our rates were going up and I was going back to school at the same time. We just couldn't justify spending $80 per month on tv - especially if I wasn't going to be home all day anymore and we were about to have some extra expenses coming our way (they say babies take $$). So, we took the plunge. We haven't felt it that much (although it's not college basketball season quite yet). We can still usually find something to watch on our basic cable which consists of 12 channels (one of which is WGN-Chicago, which makes Scott feel right at home!). I still get my Friends' re-runs as well. We do have a tough time on Saturday mornings and during the evening - all I can say is thank goodness for Glee and Modern Family (even though they are on at the same time). Sometimes when we settle down for the night in front of the glow of the TV I feel like we're settling for sub-par programming. But that was bound to be the case with such a life-changing downgrade.
Though we miss ESPN, MTV and E!, we can usually catch up on-line. Scott keeps up to date with scores at espn.com and we can watch all of our MTV shows. I like to say we watch MTV on-line so I can keep in touch with the kids I work with, but it's really because how can you NOT watch these shows?!? It's that old saying - "you can't NOT watch a trainwreck." Only in this case, it's "you can't NOT pull up real world/road rules challenge voluntarily on your computer to watch all the insanity."
But it's all good. We're putting more money away -hopefully we'll start that college fund we've been talking about with the extra $70 we're saving a month (we have got to get on that!) My sleepless nights have been quite trying recently, but who needs cable when I can blog about not having cable at 3am??? Not me!
2 comments:
I remember stories from Grandma and Dad about how Grandma Naser used to make a milk cake every day and they would eat this after dinner, then Grandpa Naser would get apples and all the 5 children would sit in front of the glow of the fire and eat apples and sing and put together puzzles. Why don't you try doing some of that instead of TV?
Or...I have some oragami that you can do.
Post a Comment