Ok, I hope you're sitting down for this one. As the title suggests, it just may be possible that Scott and I are going to be expecting a baby Beebe. Actually, it's not just possible, it's FACT! I am with child. It's as simple as that. Scott and I are going to be parents, and Wrigley is going to be a big sister!


We found out about 7 weeks ago, or so. Some of you may be shocked, and maybe a bit hurt, that you are just finding out now...but from what I hear, it is customary to wait until the 12th week to let the news fly. But take comfort in the fact that I am divulging this news to only my blog-worthy readers, not to facebook or any other form of news-spreading/stalking device. So, since you are of a privileged few, please comment on the blog only, and not on facebook. Thanks y'all!
Here's some details (no, not those kind of details, people! Get your minds out of the gutter!):
-I am due Dec. 5. Mark your calendars. Some of you are on the automatic call list when the time comes, like our parents, our families and Rachel Carter (no matter what time of day!) If anyone else would like to be on my list, just send me a request and we'll consider it. Noooo...if you request it, you're on it.
-My goal is to not "pop" until the Fourth of July. I think that's a good goal...perhaps a bit lofty, but a good goal none-the-less. I tell baby Beebe this goal everyday...so if he/she knows what's good for him/her, he/she will start listening to his/her mother!!! (woah, am I gonna' be good at this parenting thing or what??)
-Here's a couple ultrasound pics of baby Beebe for your visual enjoyment
During the ultrasound he/she wiggled! I was NOT expecting that. He/she did some foot-fires and raised his/her arm in "the air" and then back down again (A motion we can only assume is him/her practicing his/her "BEEF"). Baby Beebe is going to be a BALLA'!!
-Yes, we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl, but that won't be for another 10 weeks or so. We are debating, however, not telling people what the name of him/her will be until he/she is born. (Something's got to be a surprise, no?)
-I am currently 11 1/2 weeks pregnant. Still wicked early, but almost to the 2cnd trimester (do I sound educated or what?!) I know I stated earlier that we wouldn't be letting the cat out of the bag until week 12, but I really cannot help myself any longer. Not all of us can be vaults like Anna (whose birthday it is today, by the way!)
-The November alumni game will probably be out for me this year. Sadness all around. But I will plan on attending so that baby Beebe can show off his/her foot-fire skills in my belly.
So, that is all the facts I have right now. I welcome any questions or comments that you may have. Baby Beebe is excited to meet everyone on Dec. 5-ish!!
Maybe baby Beebe will have his/her own blog someday...we can only hope!
7 comments:
A few comments:
Yes, I'm excited too...as excited as I get anyway. Seeing the wiggling at the ultrasound helped with that; it was awesome.
For the record, I do not buy the whole, "Wrigley as a big sister" thing. Wrigley is a dog, that's an animal. She's our pet and will have a third owner when our baby is born.
As far as this automatic call list goes, I can't help but think I'll be the one tasked with making said calls. I don't like to make a lot of calls, so if you want to know immediately, your best bet is to contact one of the people already identified as being on the list and ask them to call you immediately. I'll be busy.
Omigoodness Omigoodness Omigoodness!!!!! B I knew I had your blog as one of my favorites for good reason. I'm so excited. That is gonna be one good-looking, sharp-shootin' babe.
So excited for both of you! And Scott, I told my sister this as well, as she is due July 14th. Oh crap, wait, take that back. I'm not taking your thunder...But anyway, her dog Satchmo should get a dog t-shirt that says "I'm the big brother." Therefore, Wrigley should get a t-shirt that says "I'm the big sister." You know I'm right Scott. You know it.
HOT DOG YOU GUYS ARE GONNA HAVE A BABY!
Barb, you can give me the call list of all your friends on that special day. Since I'll be in the delivery room with you both cheering you on and crocheting a blanket for little baby BeBee.
Somehow, while reading your blog, I was imagining how it will be on the day you go into labor and I was thinking it is probably going to go something like when Lucy went into labor on "I Love Lucy". You'll walk in and say "Scotty, this is it" and then Scott and Fred and Ethel will break open your suitcase and then leave you to "go hail a cab" as you chase after them saying "hey, wait for me". Ha Ha Ha
Actaully, we should probably watch "I Love Lucy" soon.
But I'm sure it will not be like Lucy. Your not a red head and Scott isn't Cuban.
Anyways, Congratulation!
The blog was awesome, and Scotts comments were priceless- should we put a phone tree together- it will be as exciting as a snow day call! Hmm, maybe I should say MORE exciting than a snow day call, but let's be honest, snow days are pretty great, as will baby beebe be...
Love you guys!
HOLLA!!!!! :) Sooooo excited for you both and I have to agree with Rachel, Scott's comments made me laugh! You are both going to be such great parents! Keep the pregnancy/baby questions coming...I love to talk to you about this stuff! So happy you're almost to 12 weeks! Love you!
PS: We found out and told people the gender but kept the name secret too. I like going that route!
YAY! A Baby Beebe!!! I must say that when I read Dec 5th, my first thought was...no alumni game. Is that bad! I'm so excited for you and Scott!!
So happy for you guys. We'll be praying that the entire pregnancy is healthy for mommy and baby, and daddy. Scott, never let anyone underestimate your role in all of this...you too will have hormones and will gain weight (if you're like me). Camden told me he is psyched to have baby beebe fix his busted form on his jumpshot. Can't wait to see what this baby beebe looks like!
Scott A
Post a Comment