Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's Get It Started.....

So...the time is here. I am finally writing my first blog. Awesome. Unfortunately, all of the ideas I brainstormed to blog about two months ago, I have forgotten. Except for this one....

"Why are you writing a blog?" you might ask....I'm not living in another country, or even thinking about living in another country. I'm not pregnant, I don't sing for a living, I don't travel tha world...wait, why AM I writing this blog? Oh yea...because it's not right that I should be excluded from the blogging phenomenon because I have nothing to say. In fact, just the contrary is true, I have A LOT to say. Most of it is sarcastic or has to do with animals or farms, but it's a lot none-the-less. I've had this feeling for a while now that my life isn't "blog-worthy" because I go to work, make dinner, watch TV and go to bed. I'm living the "every" life and I believe it deserves respect, and a blog! Obviously, I'm being facetious, there's more to my life than work and TV (not much more, but still....). My life itinerary has smatherings of nieces and nephews, scrapbooking, friends, basketball, and various other interests that make my days and life complete. And so, this blog is a tribute to all that is "B" and all that makes me, well, me! It's a tribute to the "every" woman whose married but does not dream of babies, who counsels kids and secretly loves it when they call her "awesome" (which was pretty much only once, but I'm hanging onto it!), and who is content to live in a small town near her family with no aspiration for adventure. It might be weird, abnormal, comfortable, uninteresting, but it's what I love and what I am so blessed to call my own. Though I have a hard time seeing it in the moment, I look back on my 27 years and I can see where God has led me, touched me and molded me into what and where I am today. And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

And so, with this, I am proud to introduce my blog to the world...well...to my friends at least! It's a blog of my observations, my struggles to communicate with my awesome but often annoyed husband, and of my time with my students, which in itself gives me stories enough to fill this blog! (I'll only pick the good ones...). So, enjoy. It's going to be awesome...I'm just saying...

3 comments:

Sue said...

Barb,

Great blog! I laughed and cried. You really toched my soul. Can't wait to read your next blog.

Sue

Susie said...

you're such a great writer - keep it coming! Just don't let it get in the way of your family blogging responsibilities :) Miss you!

Stef said...

I love it Barb! I can't wait to read more. Miss you!