Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A New Bed

Eight years.  Eight year, Scott and I have slept in a double bed.  As my friend Rachel says, "that's unbelievable!"  (Shout out to Carter woot woot!)  She's right - that IS unbelievable!  We are not small people, Scott and I.  But when we got married, we took my grandmother's bedroom set, which came with a double bed, and we loved it.  We bought a great new mattress and I kind of liked sleeping with my foot touching Scott's leg.  And when I stretched, my arm would rest on his.  It was so romantic back then.  But it soon turned from "it's so wonderful to be so close while we sleep!" to "move over, I need more room!" and "If I move over any more, I'll roll off the bed!"

Anyway, the double bed got even smaller when I got pregnant.  And then, two pregnancies later, we had a bit of a dip in out mattress.  For the last 9 months, I've fallen asleep with every muscle in my body tensed trying to keep myself from rolling into the middle of our mattress.

So, we bit the bullet and upgraded to a queen.  I am so excited to go to sleep tonight - I haven't been this excited to sleep since...well, last night, because I'm tired all the time.  But I'm REALLY excited for tonight!  Here's a few pics of our new bed, not that you can tell it's new if you've never seen our old bed, but whatever.

At bedtime tonight - don't worry, K did NOT crawl off the bed...



There's no headboard, but we have an old door from this house that I'm thinking about sanding, painting and hanging as a headboard.  Maybe I'll blog about it when I get around to that little project!




And this was my latest DIY project - I found an old frame in our barn when my family was cleaning it out last Spring.  So I saved it, cleaned it off, sanded, painted and then added some chicken wire to the back (farms have a lot of chicken wire around).  Then I hung it in our bedroom.  And since I had the iphone out taking pictures of our bed, I thought I'd add this one in here too.  I'm thinking I will display "stuff" on it - like my jewelry from my wedding and little pictures, etc...  I just think it's the coolest window - first of all, it was probably in my family years and years and years ago (only my family would put their old windows and junk in the barn) AND it has 12 panes.  What window has 12 panes?  A very old and awesome window, that's what!  I love it.



And, this has nothing to do with our new bed, but Brooke made a toilet paper tower and it was too cute not to post...


Yay!  Is it betime yet?

1 comment:

conveyableflow said...

NICE. Ben and I almost splurged on a queen for Christmas, but it didn't happen. Maybe next year...