This is a much anticipated post - so anticipated, in fact, that I received not one, but TWO comments on my facebook about posting pics of our new master bathroom house addition! It's kind of a big deal.
For those who don't know, Scott and I moved into our house, that used to be my grandmother's, last year. My grandmother and grandfather built this house when they got married, and it's where my dad grew up. I love that the house has meaning for us and that we get to carry on the lives that were built here and add new life! I did not, however, love the small bathroom and the minimal closet space. And since Scott and I have just one income now, it only made sense to take on a HUGE house construction project. Obvi.
So, without further ado...


1. The entrance to the addition from our master bedroom. The bathroom is on the right just inside the addition. The hallway goes straight, and then turns to the right. At the end of the hallway is a walk-in-closet.
2. A straight on view of the addition (linen closet at the end of the hallway)
3. Closet next to the linen closet
4. Closet door open
5. Laundry closet across from previous closet
6. Laundry closet open
7. Walk-in closet (don't be jealous).
8. View walking back out from the walk-in closet
The bathroom:

1. Our countertop - first ever granite countertop in my entire life. Love it a lot.
2. The view of our bathroom from the doorway. To the right is our vanity, double sinks. Across from the window is our shower. Beyond the shower is the toilet area on the right and shelves to the left.
3. Our shower. White subway tile on the walls with silver grout.
4. Better view of our shower floor. It's a mixture of glass and stone, 5/8" square tiles. Love it.
5. Close up of our mirrors and lights over the vanity
6. Close up of our vanity hardware that I got on clearance at Lowes. Holla
7. Close up of our granite and faucet
8. Custom shelving across from the toilet area, as seen by one sitting on our toilet. (I may have been sitting on the toilet when I took this picture - but just using it as a seat. Lid down, people).
We are really, really, insanely happy with the way it all turned out. It took longer than we thought, partly because we had a baby in the middle of all the construction and weren't really in a place to make decisions. (Although Scott did bring tile samples to our hospital room the day after Karis was born). The only things left to do are: finish painting trim, touch up painting and moving all of our stuff in...and deciding where it all should go. Did I mention we're not too good with the decision making?
Oh, and one of the coolest parts of our bathroom is our bathroom fan. The fan is actually IN the recessed light that is above our toilet. Our contractor came downstairs to tell me that he thought the sheetrock guys had sheetrocked over our fan because when he flicked the switch it was so quiet and it's practically invisible in the light fixture. Pretty darn cool.
I know I mentioned our lack of decision making skills, but did I mention that I LOVE our new bathroom and closets? Love.
And on a fun note, I was playing with Karis and realized she was wearing the same sleeper and playing with the same cow rattle that Brooke was in a 3 month picture. So, I took a picture of Karis too. Can you tell who is who? Sometimes I think they look so much alike, and other times they look completely different.

Hint: Karis on the bottom. Good hint, huh?
More life updates coming soon.
(The details: Hallway wall color - Behr Gobi Desert. Bathroom wall color - Behr Dolphin Fin. Closet wall color - Pensive Sky. Trim color - Magnolia Blossom (my all time favorite trim color. It warms any wall color, even Dolphin Fin!). Granite - Platine Azule. Shower floor - Bliss 5/8" Mosaic Iceland. All lighting (except recessed lighting) and bathroom hardware - Lowes.)
5 comments:
Wow. Love it. Great job!
And I can't believe how much alike the girls look! I really thought after the last picture of Karis that they looked completely different, but I was wrong. Love you all!
I love your granite vanity top! (You already knew I loved everything else!) Everything goes so well together. I am so happpy for you that it is done! The pictures of the girls are precious. I think their eyes are the only thing a little different. Karis might have a hint of Scott in her eyes, where Brooke is all you!
The bathroom looks awesome! We will need some advice if we ever decide to redo ours. I can't believe how much the girls look alike! so cute!
I am happy to see that you are blogging again. I just have two comments. I can't wait to see your new addition in person, and I'm going to bring over a splash of pink, maybe some fake pink flowers. You need some color, it is all too much white and dolphin fin, you need some color. Also, I'm not impressed with a granite counter. I'd be much more impressed with a GOLD counter. And I know
Yahoo!!! It all looks AMAZING!!!! You must be loving having all that extra space! :)
Post a Comment