Sunday, January 11, 2009

Update

The other night, I was laying in bed thinking -- Scott was fast asleep, and I had taken a nap previously in the evening, so I was wide awake, which is what usually happens.  You'd think I'd learn.  Anyway, I had a great idea for a blog.  I don't want to give it away, but let's just say that it had to do with the age old question of whether or not animals have belly buttons.  Anyway, as I lay in bed, with an ice storm on the way that would most likely close school the next day, I decided I would start a blog series entitled "Thoughts on a Snow Day" and that this belly button blog would be the first in the series.  I awoke in the morning a little after 9am (a big thank you to the Torrington publc school system for making my phone ring earlier that morning to announce our snow day) and headed down the stairs eager to break the blogging fast of which I have been a part as of recently.  Scott decided to work from home that morning on account of the ice.  As he was logged in to his spreadsheets and email and other such boring things that make up his work day, our computer crashed!!  Throughout our snow day, we were able to get into our computer and save what we could for shorter and shorter amounts of time, until eventually everything on our computer was lost forever.  C'est la vie.  (That's french for "That's life."  It's fine, I took french for 6 years in high school, and for one glorious year at GC and this is one of the tidbits of knowledge I gained.  That, and I can order a croissant and an orangina at a cafe...and I have a killer french accent). 

Don't worry.  The Beebe's of CT are officially back in computer business (not selling computers or anything, just owning one).  Thanks to the advice and prodding of our friends and family, we officially joined the cool new world of Starbucks and retro black rimmed glasses with our purchase of a mac.  

I'm just saying....when our next snow day comes around I'll be ready, new computer and all, with one heck of a new blog about belly buttons.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of apple. And welcome back to the blogosphere!

Rachel Ludwick said...

AWESOME!!!!!! Macs are the best :)

Dad said...

Je parle un petit francais! Pouvons-nous être des copains de stylos ?